GRAND CANYON FAMILY UTV ADVENTURE
We’re big believers in active and adventurous families which is why we designed this trip. It’s a 4 day off-road adventure to the Grand Canyon designed for the whole family to have the adventure of a lifetime. Our chef will be cooking amazing food for the adults and a special menu for the kids. The mileage, food and experiences along the way are all designed with kids in mind. Don’t worry, we have kids too, we get it!
• $6,000 for primary driver (Includes 2022 Can-Am UTV rental, gear, fuel, food, drinks and more.)
• $2,500 for adult co-driver/passenger
• $1000 per teen (13-17ish)
• $800 per kiddo (4-12yrs old)
• 30% deposit due upon booking balance due 60 days before departure
• $150 per adult discount for group bookings of 3+
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
Age Range: 4 years old and up. If your kid needs a car seat or booster seat in a car, they will use that in the UTV to ensure a safe experience.
Difficulty: Beginner (no prior experience required)
Travel: Las Vegas meetup at 11am PST or St. George, UT meetup at 2pm MDT. St. George or Las Vegas drop-off in the evening of the final day.
*Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
Yes, we really do take your phones away…
All Wilderness trips have been device-free since we started. This means we’ll lock your phone in a safe and don’t bring your camera either. This is intentional to ensure that you get to experience a unique distraction-free experience and is always a highlight of the guests. We’ll be capturing all the photos so you can just enjoy the experience. #trustus
DON’T WORRY, We will have a sat phone with us at all times for inbound and outbound emergency communication with family.
- Backpacking size sleeping bag rated at 30°F (for March-April and October-November trips we suggest a 0º-15ºF rating).
*Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.
**Sleeping bag liners can boost your bag rating by 10-15º affordably
- Backpacking size ground pad (inflatable type are the best and insulated versions will keep you the warmest)
- Ankle height hiking boots or similar for UTV drivers
- 1+ pair of pants (any type of durable pant will do)
- 2-3+ moisture wicking t-shirts
- 2-3+ pairs of riding/hiking socks (not too thick unless it’s a late fall trip)
- Warmer long sleeve top/layer
- Lightweight insulated jacket
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Swim shorts (not needed for Grand Canyon trips)
- Lightweight, packable footwear for camp
For Kids ALL of the above plus:
- Car seat or booster. If they need one in the car, bring one on the trip both for the van ride and to mount in the UTV itself
- Any wipes, diapers, undies, etc as needed based on your child’s age
- Any special food or snacks
- Their own water bottle (should fit in cup-holder)
- MX/BMX style gloves (not needed, but the kids will love them)
- MX/BMX style kids size goggles (mandatory)
- MX/BMX style helmet or bike helmet for young (3-5yr) kids. The lighter the better.
- Ear plugs if helmet has open ears
Accessories & Gear
- Neck gaiter/buff for sun, cold, dust
- Small 2L hydration pack or 1L water bottle
- Minimal personal toiletries: toothbrush etc (we will provide TP and wipe kits)
- 1L water bottle (should fit in cup-holder)
- Eye Drops
- Valid driver’s license
- Motocross/ATV style goggles
- Motocross/ATV style gloves
*Additional items for March-April and October-November trips
- Mid to heavy-weight thermal underwear top and bottom
- Lightweight gloves for around camp
- Swap the lightweight insulated jacket for a warmer 800-fill power down/synthetic jacket
- Hand/Foot/Body warmers
Gear provided by Wilderness
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
*If you prefer your own riding gear feel free to bring it.
- Valid drivers license in your state/country
- Good physical fitness
Is it safe?
Yes, we are driving Can-Am 4 seater UTV’s which are just like a car but for off-road. Your kids will need to wear a motocross-style helmet and if they need a car seat or booster seat in a car, they’ll need it in the UTV.
My kid is still in diapers!
No problem, just bring all the gear you will need and don’t count on the staff to help with the changing 😉
How long are the days?
We will modify the route as needed based on the speed and stamina of the group but anticipate a 2 hour ride in the morning before lunch and a 2-3 hour ride after lunch to camp. We’ll take LOTS of breaks along the way.
My kid is a picky eater!
Our chef will be making our typical legendary fare for the adults and will be making a special kid menu as well with all the classics like spaghetti, nuggets, tots and etc. If your child has special dietary needs please make that known on the guest survey and we will work together to accommodate.
What about tents?
Depending on your group size we will have 2, 3 and 4 person tents available so that you can all be in one tent.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck.
Where can I keep my luggage during my trip?
If you have any luggage, there will be secure storage available at the staging location.
What additional bags can I bring?
All your belongings you bring will need to fit in a mid-sized duffel bag per guest which will be stored on the UTV. The chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad.
Are there opportunities to shower?
Negative, we’re in the desert the whole time. Bring wipes. Lots of them.
Wilderness Collective operates under permit in the Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument