THREE WHEELER RALLY *BETA
2019 Dates: October 25th-27th.
2020 Dates: June 11-14th
Cost: $2,500 (all-inclusive: food, drinks, machine and gear rental, etc)
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights camping out
Difficulty: Beginner. No motorcycle experience or motorcycle license required.
Terrain: 50/50 Graded Gravel to Pavement
Travel: Arrival – 10am Los Angeles meetup at Wilderness HQ. Departure – Estimated Los Angeles drop-off around 9:30pm on the final day. Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
$500 deposit due to reserve spots. Full balance due 60 days before departure.
Wilderness is excited to be piloting a brand new trip designed for non-motorcycle riders. In partnership, we are offering the revolutionary Can-Am Ryker Rally edition which allows riders with no motorcycle experience an incredible powersports adventure. We’ll be running our best-selling Yosemite route covering over 300 miles as we trace our way through foothills, past ancient Sequoia groves, over 8000’+ summits and along rushing rivers. This is the ultimate trip in terms of remote riding, incredible landscape all within one weekend. As usual we will be bringing along a professional cook, photographer, videographer and everything you need to make this trip one you will never forget.
WHY TAKE THIS TRIP?
It’s the perfect trip for those who didn’t grow up riding and don’t have their moto license or any experience. It’s also a great trip for couples where you’ve got a difference in powersports experience. More than that, it’s an ideal way to see the incredible back roads and hidden gems of the Sierra National Forest on our way to the world-famous Yosemite valley.
Day 1: Approx 50 miles
-10:00am departure from Wilderness HQ in Los Angeles or 2:30pm pickup from Fresno Airport
-start the ride at the edge of Sequoia National Forest
-ride a mix of pavement and gravel roads to our first Creek Camp
Day 2: Approx 85 miles
-ride all day from Creek Camp to our River Camp deep in the heart of the High Sierra
Day 3: Approx 75 miles
-ride most of the day from River Camp to the famed Yosemite Valley concluding our ride
-transport back to Fresno Airport for an estimated 6pm drop-off and then Los Angeles for an estimated 10pm drop-off
*Plan outbound travel for the following morning
- Rental of 2019 Can-Am Ryker Rally Edition 900cc
- Download link to professional photos and videos shot on your trip
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
- Riding gloves
- Boots and armor
- Toilet paper
- Wet Wipes
- All food and alcoholic beverages
- All transportation from pickup points and back
- All camp gear, tents, chairs, etc.
- Small backpacking size sleeping bag rated to 0-15°F. (Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.)
- Ground Pad (inflatable)
- 1 pairs of durable pants
- 3-4 moisture wicking t-shirts
- 3-4 pairs of comfortable mid-calf socks with a warm pair as well
- Lightweight down or synthetic jacket to layer under your shell jacket in the evenings or chilly mornings
- Waterproof lightweight shell jacket
- Lightweight, thin, and comfortable footwear for camp.
- First layer style mid to heavyweight thermal underwear top and bottom (can get chilly at night)
- Lightweight gloves for around camp at night and in the morning if it’s an early Spring or late Fall departure
- Minimal personal toiletries
- Drivers license
- Small Camel Back style hydration pack
- Seamless buff/neck-gaiter/whatever-you-want-to-call it so you can keep the dust out and the sun off your neck
- Eye drops if you are sensitive to dust
What are the age requirements?
-Riders must a drivers license valid in their state
Where do we sleep?
We will be camping out each night in supplied one-person tents. Two-person tents are available upon request.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck.
Where can I keep my luggage during my trip?
If you have any luggage, there will be secure storage available.
What additional bags can I bring?
All belongings you bring will need to fit in the backpack/bag we provide or suggest specific to the trip. Any additional bags will be stored securely. On our Moto/UTV trips, the chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad. Everything else will be in your pack.