SEQUOIA TO YOSEMITE
DUAL SPORT MOTORCYCLE TOUR
Date: October 10-13, 2019
Duration: 4 days
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
Terrain: 80/20 Dirt to Pavement
Activities: Off-road motorcycle riding, Hiking, Swimming
Travel: 10am Los Angeles meetup or 2:30pm Fresno Airport meetup. Fresno Airport drop-off around 6:30pm on the final day or Los angeles drop-off around 9:30pm on the final day. Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
4 days of off-road riding through the some of the best mountain riding in the US and camping out at 3 unique spots. We’ll cover over 300 miles as we trace our way through foothills, past ancient Sequoia groves, over 8000’+ summits and along rushing rivers. This is the ultimate trip in terms of remote riding, incredible landscape all within one weekend. As usual we will be bringing along a professional cook, photographer, videographer and everything you need to make this trip one you will never forget.
Wilderness Collective operates under permit on the Sierra National Forest and Yosemite National Park.
-10:00am departure from Los Angeles or 2:30pm departure from Fresno.
Ride 50 miles to Creek Camp
*Optional sunset ride.
-Ride 75+ miles from Creek Camp to Falls Camp
*Optional sunset ride.
-Ride 75+ miles from Falls Camp to Grove Camp
*Optional sunset ride.
-Ride 75 miles from Grove Camp to Yosemite Valley with an approximate 6pm drop-off time in Fresno or 9-10pm in Los Angeles
- Motorcycle rental (Honda XR650L & CRF250L)
- Download link to professional photos and videos shot on your trip
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
- Riding gloves
- Boots and armor
- Toilet paper
- Wet Wipes
- All food and alcoholic beverages
- All transportation from pickup points and back
- All camp gear, tents, chairs, etc.
- Small backpacking size sleeping bag rated to 0-15°F. (Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.)
- Ground Pad (inflatable)
- Goggles (clear or tinted lens, your preference)
- 1 pairs of durable pants
- 3-4 moisture wicking t-shirts
- 3-4 pairs of comfortable mid-calf socks with a warm pair as well
- Lightweight down or synthetic jacket to layer under your shell jacket in the evenings or chilly mornings
- Waterproof lightweight shell jacket
- Lightweight, thin, and comfortable footwear for camp.
- First layer style mid to heavyweight thermal underwear top and bottom (can get chilly at night)
- Lightweight gloves for around camp at night and in the morning if it’s an early Spring or late Fall departure
- Minimal personal toiletries
- Moto license
- Small Camel Back style hydration pack
- Seamless buff/neck-gaiter/whatever-you-want-to-call it so you can keep the dust out and the sun off your neck
- Eye drops if you are sensitive to dust
- Motorcycle license (we highly recommend the MSF course for training and certification)
I am a very new motorcycle rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride. Approximately 50% of our guest are new riders.
I’m an experienced motorcycle rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! Our lead guides are trained to ride just a bit faster than you. We know what it’s like to be on a trip and feel like you can’t go as fast as you want so we’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to rip at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
What are the age requirements?
-16+ for Moto, UTV and Snowmobile trips
-10+ for Pack Horse trips
-No age requirement for UTV passengers
Where do we sleep?
We provide one-person tents for all tours except for our Alaska trips where we stay in lodges. Two-person tents are available upon request.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck or lodge on the Alaska trip. On horseback trips we will not have any power available.
Where can I keep my luggage during my trip?
If you have any luggage, there will be secure storage available.
What additional bags can I bring?
All belongings you bring will need to fit in the backpack/bag we provide or suggest specific to the trip. Any additional bags will be stored securely. On our Moto/UTV trips, the chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad. Everything else will be in your pack.
Are there opportunities to shower?
Yosemite Moto Trips: creeks and lakes
Grand Canyon Off-Road Trip: wet-wipes
Death Valley Moto Trip: wet-wipes
Alaska Trips: hot showers