LEADERSHIP LAB PRESENTS:
ZION TO BRYCE BACKROADS
2020 Dates: July 30-August 2, 2020
Cost: $4,750 for UTV driver or Dual-sport Moto
($1,500 due upon booking)
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate (no prior experience required)
Travel: Las Vegas meetup at 10am PST or St. George, UT meetup at 2pm MDT. St. George or Las Vegas drop-off in the evening of the final day.
*Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
400+ miles of high adrenaline off-road driving through all imaginable terrain through the Zion area backroads through Dixie and Fishlake National Forest and into Bryce National Park.
Wilderness Collective operates under permit.
- 10am meetup in Las Vegas
- 2 hour van transport to staging in St. George, Utah
- Ride across the Arizona Strip and through the Coral Pink Dunes area to Camp 1 in Dixie National Forest
- Ride all day through Dixie National forest heading north towards Camp 2 deep in Fishlake National Forest
- Ride all day through Fishlake National Forest heading south towards Camp 3 near Bryce Canyon
- Ride the Bryce Canyon back-roads then crossing the desert back to staging in St. George
- 2 hour van transport back to Las Vegas for an evening arrival
- Plan to stay in Las Vegas this evening and fly out the following morning
Yes, we really do take your phones away…
All Wilderness trips have been device-free since we started. This means we’ll lock your phone in a safe and don’t bring your camera either. This is intentional to ensure that get to experience a unique distraction-free experience and is always a highlight of the guests. We’ll be capturing all the photos so you can just enjoy the experience. #trustusTrip Includes
- Professional guides, chef, videographer and photographer
- Download link to professional photos and videos shot on your trip
- Rental of this year’s Polaris RZR UTV
- All fuel
- Riding equipment: helmet
- Personalized swag kit with Wilderness beanie, mug, T-Shirt and more
- All food and alcoholic beverages
- All transportation from pickup points and back
- All camp gear, tents, chairs, kitchen, etc. (excluding ground-pad and sleeping bag)
- Backpacking size sleeping bag rated at 30°F (for March-April and October-November trips we suggest a 0º-15ºF rating).
*Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.
**Sleeping bag liners can boost your bag rating by 10-15º affordably
- Backpacking size ground pad (inflatable type are the best and insulated versions will keep you the warmest)
- Ankle height hiking boots or similar for UTV drivers
- 1+ pair of pants (any type of durable pant will do)
- 2-3+ moisture wicking t-shirts
- 2-3+ pairs of riding/hiking socks (not too thick unless it’s a late fall trip)
- Warmer long sleeve top/layer
- Lightweight insulated jacket
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Swim shorts (not needed for Grand Canyon trips)
- Lightweight, packable footwear for camp
Accessories & Gear
- Neck gaiter/buff for sun, cold, dust
- Small 2L hydration pack or 1L water bottle
- Minimal personal toiletries: toothbrush etc (we will provide TP and wipe kits)
- 1L water bottle (should fit in cup-holder)
- Eye Drops
- Valid driver’s license
- Motocross/ATV style goggles
- Motocross/ATV style gloves
*Additional items for March-April and October-November trips
- Mid to heavy-weight thermal underwear top and bottom
- Lightweight gloves for around camp
- Swap the lightweight insulated jacket for a warmer 800-fill power down/synthetic jacket
- Hand/Foot/Body warmers
Gear provided by Wilderness
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
*If you prefer your own riding gear feel free to bring it.
- Valid drivers license in your state/country
- Good physical fitness
I am a very new rider is the trip for me?
We specialize in and enjoy teaching brand new riders. Whether you have street experience and no off-road experience or little motorcycle experience at all we will help you learn and master the basics by the end of the trip. We have a sweep guide that will make sure you have a great experience and can ride your own ride. Approximately 50% of our guest are new riders.
I’m an experienced rider, will I be bored?
Absolutely not! Our lead guides are trained to ride just a bit faster than you 😉 We know what it’s like to be on a trip and feel like you can’t go as fast as you want so we’ve designed the trip to allow experienced riders to rip at the front of the pack and not have to worry about the rest of the group keeping up.
What are the age requirements?
- 16+ for Moto, UTV and Snowmobile drivers
- 10+ for Pack Horse trips
- 3-12 years for Dads & Kiddos UTV passengers
Where do we sleep?
We provide one-person tents for all tours except for our Alaska trips where we stay in lodges. Two-person and larger tents are available upon request.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck or lodge on the Alaska trips. On horseback trips we will not have any power available.
Where do I pack my stuff and keep my luggage?
On all trips we can store additional luggage that you are not bringing on the ride securely.
For each specific trip we will send packing details upon registration however the general guidelines are below.
- On our Moto trips the chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad your clothing will be packed into side panniers mounted to your bike.
- UTV trips you can carry all your personal items in the machine.
Cancellation fees will be applied per person according to the following schedule, based on the date we receive your written notification:
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours with Wilderness Collective. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee. Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Wilderness Collective. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a cancellation fee.
No refunds will be provided for any reason for unused portion of a trip once the trip begins, including if you leave a trip for any reason or have to be removed from a trip. The trip price is a package cost and refunds and credits are not available for services not used.
There are no exceptions to this cancellation and refund policy, including for reasons related to weather, terrorism, civil strife, personal, family or medical emergencies or any other circumstances beyond our control. For this and other reasons, we encourage you to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance and travel protection (i.e., travel medical insurance and emergency evacuation services).
Wilderness Collective is not responsible for expenses incurred by Participants in preparing for a trip (eg. nonrefundable advance purchase air tickets, equipment, etc.) or for any additional arrangements pre- or post-departure date. The term applies whether the tour is altered, modified, or cancelled by us or by you for any reason. Because the tour may be cancelled when a minimum number of Participants have not signed up, we recommend that you either purchase refundable air tickets or wait until we have confirmed with you approximately 3 months prior to the tour that we have a sufficient number of Participants.