ICELAND MOTO LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: “CRAFTING YOUR LEGACY” WITH STEPHEN JAMES
Sept. 9-15, 2023
WHAT IS THE WILDERNESS LEADERSHIP SERIES?
The Wilderness – Leadership Series is a new offering where we host a world-class leadership coaching experience in the context of a bucket-list adventure. We want you to walk away with temporary bruises, lifelong friends and actionable wisdom to transform your business and leadership.
*Commercial invoices are available upon request.
This experience will be hosted with two Wilderness crew members documenting this trip of a lifetime along with leadership coach Stephen James bringing daily content.
“Crafting Your Legacy”
Each day, each moment, we face choices. The actions we take lead to a life and a legacy that is rich, consequential, and meaningful OR lead us to lives and legacy that are tolerable, barren and/or destructive.
Life is asking us all to answer the specific question it’s asking each us and how we identify that question and craft our answer becomes our legacy.
These seven days you will help you:
- Learn the tools to embrace the specific question life is asking you.
- Identify the tools you will need to craft a meaningful legacy.
- Gain the wisdom, encouragement and motivation to craft a calling that is personally meaningful, culturally significant and carries lasting impact.
Stephen James is the founder Leadership Lab which provides successful leaders the clarity, courage, and confidence to live more purposeful, impactful, and influential lives through local membership communities and organizational leadership consulting. Based in Nashville, Stephen has spent his professional career helping leaders live lives of meaning and significance in a variety of context, including:
- sought after leadership advisor, consultant, and organizational therapist
- mental performance coach for championship winning head coaches, athletes, and teams from a variety of environments including MLB, MLS, NFL, NHL, Olympics, USL, and the SEC
- founder of Sage Hill Counseling and a private practice psychotherapist working with individuals, couples, and families.
- co-author of seven books, including the bestselling “Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys.”
Stephen earned his master’s in Counseling from The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology and his bachelor’s from Belmont University. He has been married to Heather for over 25 years, and together they have four adult children.
We’ve partnered with RideX Power; the premiere enduro moto outfitters in Europe. Their passion for riding and excellence makes them the ideal partner for an epic motorcycle tour through Iceland.
Seven days, six nights in total with five long riding days we will discover an Iceland that few tourists see traveling rough, volcanic landscape, countless river crossings and endless pristine riding- miles away from civilization.
Words cannot do this ride justice so click here to watch a film from our first Iceland Moto tour.
Be sure to review the full itinerary to see all that’s packed into this one experience.
DAY 1- Arrival
- You will be picked up at the Reykjavik Airport and transferred to the hotel in Reykjavik where we stay overnight.
- Welcome lunch in Reykjavik.
- Dinner at our hotel.
DAY 2- Reykjavik
- Our epic ride begins with the first section riding to Lake Pingvellir.
- We’ll eat lunch and then head up and over a vast landscape of volcanic sand to the world famous Geysir.
- Dinner at our hotel.
DAY 3- LONG DAY
- We’ll wake up and ride to the stunning Gullfoss Waterfall.
- We’ll conquer countless river crossings stoping at the thundering waters of the Haifoss waterfall.
- We’ll end the days ride along perfect roads to our backcountry hut on the river Hvita below the peak of Mt. Hekla.
DAY 4- HEKLA
- Today we will ride below the stunning peak of the Volcano Hekla, located 1,200 m above sea level through a fascinating barren landscape of undulating lava fields in the National Park.
- At lunch we’ll stop at to soak in a geothermally heated river.
- We’ll resume the ride with a truly bucket-list ride through the remote backcountry of Mt. Hekla.
- Dinner at the backcountry hut below Mt. Hekla.
DAY 5- HVITA
- Today’s ride features waterfalls, historic Viking house tours and perfect riding.
- We’ll stop at a road-side BBQ for the best burgers in Iceland and then make our way back to our hotel in Gullfoss.
DAY 6- VOLCANO MX
- Today we will ride along perfect volcanic motocross style trails on our way back to Reykjavik.
- Pending the group skill level we may end the ride with the infamous “Kings Road”.
- We will stop for a lunch of “Lava Dogs” along the track, then arrive back into the capital city to end our tour.
- Farewell dinner and surprise experience in Reykjavik.
DAY 7- Departure
- You will be picked up at the hotel in Reykjavik and transferred to Reykjavik Airport
• $7,500 per rider (Includes: Husqvarna/KTM Enduro moto rental, leadership coaching, and additional included add-ons)
• 30% deposit due upon booking. Balance due 60 days before departure
• Commercial invoices are available upon request.
Duration: 7 days, 6 nights, 5 riding days
Terrain: Primarily dirt and gravel forest service roads, rutted two-track dirt roads, technical stretches involving rocks, steep climbs and loose sand, water crossings and pavement portions.
Difficulty Level II: Intermediate riders with significant prior dirt experience will be well suited for this ride. Must be comfortable riding 100+ miles per day off-road and riding over challenging terrain while standing up.
- Husqvarna/KTM Enduro moto rental
- Experienced moto guides
- Support vehicle with parts, tools and mechanic
- Wilderness Collective host staff
- Wilderness Collective photo & video package
- Daily leadership coaching content
- Damage Insurance (full crash coverage excluding water and engine damage)
- 6 nights lodging with single occupancy upgrade available
- All airport transfers
- All fuel
Additional add-ons included:
- All meals including welcome and farewell dinner
- Farewell surprise experience in Reykjavik
- Commemorative Photo Book
- Upgraded Wilderness Leadership Series swag kit
- All packing list items
- Motorcycle riding gear
- Alcoholic beverages
- Valid motorcycle license in your state/country
- Passport valid for 6 months after tour dates
- Significant prior off-road riding experience
- Your own riding gear
- Good physical fitness