DADS & KIDDOS
GRAND CANYON UTV ADVENTURE
October 3rd-6th SOLD OUT, Oct 17-20th SOLD OUT
2020 Dates: May 28-31, June 11-14, Sept 17-20, Oct 1-4
Cost: $4,000 per driver + $500 per kiddo ($1,000 due upon booking)
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
Age Range: 3 years old and up. If your kid needs a car seat or booster seat in a car, they will use that in the UTV to ensure a safe experience.
Difficulty: Beginner (no prior experience required)
Travel: Las Vegas meetup at 11am PST or St. George, UT meetup at 3pm MDT. St. George or Las Vegas drop-off in the evening of the final day.
*Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
We’re big believers in active and adventurous fathers which is why we designed this trip. It’s a 4 day off-road adventure to the Grand Canyon designed for fathers and their kids to have the adventure of a lifetime. Our chef will be cooking amazing food for the adults and a special menu for the kids. The mileage, food and experiences along the way are all designed with kids in mind. Don’t worry, we have kids too, we get it!
Wilderness Collective operates under permit in the Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument
- Professional guides, chef, videographer and photographer
- Download link to professional photos and videos shot on your trip
- Rental of this year’s Polaris RZR UTV
- All fuel
- Riding equipment: helmet
- Personalized swag kit with Wilderness beanie, mug, T-Shirt and more
- All food and alcoholic beverages
- All transportation from pickup points and back
- All camp gear, tents, chairs, kitchen, etc. (excluding ground-pad and sleeping bag)
Yes, we really do take your phones away…
All Wilderness trips have been device-free since we started. This means we’ll lock your phone in a safe and don’t bring your camera either. This is intentional to ensure that get to experience a unique distraction-free experience and is always a highlight of the guests. We’ll be capturing all the photos so you can just enjoy the experience. #trustus
- Backpacking size sleeping bag rated at 30°F (for March-April and October-November trips we suggest a 0º-15ºF rating).
*Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.
**Sleeping bag liners can boost your bag rating by 10-15º affordably
- Backpacking size ground pad (inflatable type are the best and insulated versions will keep you the warmest)
- Ankle height hiking boots or similar for UTV drivers
- 1+ pair of pants (any type of durable pant will do)
- 2-3+ moisture wicking t-shirts
- 2-3+ pairs of riding/hiking socks (not too thick unless it’s a late fall trip)
- Warmer long sleeve top/layer
- Lightweight insulated jacket
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Swim shorts (not needed for Grand Canyon trips)
- Lightweight, packable footwear for camp
For Kids ALL of the above plus:
- Car seat or booster. If they need one in the car, bring one on the trip both for the van ride and to mount in the UTV itself
- Any wipes, diapers, undies, etc as needed based on your child’s age
- Any special food or snacks
- Their own water bottle (should fit in cup-holder)
- MX/BMX style gloves (not needed, but the kids will love them)
- MX/BMX style kids size goggles (mandatory)
- MX/BMX style helmet or bike helmet for young (3-5yr) kids. The lighter the better.
- Ear plugs if helmet has open ears
Accessories & Gear
- Neck gaiter/buff for sun, cold, dust
- Small 2L hydration pack or 1L water bottle
- Minimal personal toiletries: toothbrush etc (we will provide TP and wipe kits)
- 1L water bottle (should fit in cup-holder)
- Eye Drops
- Valid driver’s license
- Motocross/ATV style goggles
- Motocross/ATV style gloves
*Additional items for March-April and October-November trips
- Mid to heavy-weight thermal underwear top and bottom
- Lightweight gloves for around camp
- Swap the lightweight insulated jacket for a warmer 800-fill power down/synthetic jacket
- Hand/Foot/Body warmers
Gear provided by Wilderness
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
*If you prefer your own riding gear feel free to bring it.
- Valid drivers license in your state/country
- Good physical fitness
Is it safe?
Yes, we are driving Polaris RZR 4 seater’s which are just like a car but for off-road. Your kids will need to wear a motocross-style helmet and if they need a car seat or booster seat in a car, they’ll need it in the UTV.
My kid is still in diapers!
No problem, just bring all the gear you will need and don’t count on the staff to help with the changing 😉
How long are the days?
We will modify the route as needed based on the speed and stamina of the group but anticipate a 2 hour ride in the morning before lunch and a 2-3 hour ride after lunch to camp. We’ll take LOTS of breaks along the way.
My kid is a picky eater!
Our chef will be making our typical legendary fare for the adults and will be making a special kid menu as well with all the classics like spaghetti, nuggets, tots and etc. If your child has special dietary needs please make that known on the guest survey and we will work together to accommodate.
What about tents?
Depending on your group size we will have 2, 3 and 4 person tents available so that you can all be in one tent.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck.
Where can I keep my luggage during my trip?
If you have any luggage, there will be secure storage available at the staging location.
What additional bags can I bring?
All your belongings you bring will need to fit in a mid-sized duffel bag per guest which will be stored on the UTV. The chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad.
Are there opportunities to shower?
Negative, we’re in the desert the whole time. Bring wipes. Lots of them.
Cancellation fees will be applied per person according to the following schedule, based on the date we receive your written notification:
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with more than 60 days notice before tour start date will receive their deposit as a credit to be used towards future tours with Wilderness Collective. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with 60 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit as a cancellation fee. Any balance payments can be held on file as a credit to be used towards future tours and services with Wilderness Collective. The credit expires 1 year after issued.
- Cancellations initiated by the participant received in writing to Wilderness Collective with 30 or less days notice before the tour start date will forfeit their deposit and any balance payments as a cancellation fee.
No refunds will be provided for any reason for unused portion of a trip once the trip begins, including if you leave a trip for any reason or have to be removed from a trip. The trip price is a package cost and refunds and credits are not available for services not used.
There are no exceptions to this cancellation and refund policy, including for reasons related to weather, terrorism, civil strife, personal, family or medical emergencies or any other circumstances beyond our control. For this and other reasons, we encourage you to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance and travel protection (i.e., travel medical insurance and emergency evacuation services).
Wilderness Collective is not responsible for expenses incurred by Participants in preparing for a trip (eg. nonrefundable advance purchase air tickets, equipment, etc.) or for any additional arrangements pre- or post-departure date. The term applies whether the tour is altered, modified, or cancelled by us or by you for any reason. Because the tour may be cancelled when a minimum number of Participants have not signed up, we recommend that you either purchase refundable air tickets or wait until we have confirmed with you approximately 3 months prior to the tour that we have a sufficient number of Participants.