THREE WHEELER RALLY *BETA
2019 Dates: Sept 20-22
*Special Beta Pricing:
$2,500$1,750 (all-inclusive: food, drinks, machine and gear rental, etc)
Duration: 3 days
Difficulty: Beginner no motorcycle experience or motorcycle license required
Terrain: 60/40 Graded Gravel to Pavement
Travel: Arrival – 10am Los Angeles meetup at Wilderness HQ. Departure – Estimated Los Angeles drop-off around 9:30pm on the final day. Book outgoing flights for the following morning.
$500 deposit due to reserve spots. Full balance due 60 days before departure.
Wilderness is excited to be piloting a brand new trip designed for non-motorcycle riders. In partnership, we are offering the revolutionary Can-Am Ryker Rally edition which allows riders with no motorcycle experience an incredible powersports adventure. We’ll be running the gravel ridge roads high above the legendary Highway 1 along Big Sur and dropping down to tear up the most scenic stretches of the legendary Pacific Coast Highway. This 3 day, 2 night adventure is a perfect chance to get out of the city and push your limits trying something new.
WHY TAKE THIS TRIP?
It’s the perfect trip for those who didn’t grow up riding and don’t have their moto license or any experience. It’s also a great trip for couples where you’ve got a difference in powersports experience. More than that, it’s an ideal way to see the secrets that the back roads of Big Sur has to offer. We’ll be seeing the coastline, riding past Hearst Castle, Redwoods, epic views, waterfalls, endless twisties and camping high above the noise of the PCH but being sure to take in the best parts of the most famous drive in America.
Day 1: Approx 60 miles
-10:00am departure from Wilderness HQ in Los Angeles
-transport to Cambria, CA where the ride will begin
-ride along an epic first stretch of Hwy 1 past Hearst Castle then climbing high into the Los Padres forest to camp above the cloud layer with the Pacific Ocean below
Day 2: Approx 100 miles
-ride all day on a mix of the PCH and gravel roads taking in McWay Falls, all the way up to the forgotten Old Coast Highway to access the back of the famous Bixby Bridge, then we double back taking the PCH route and heading up an epic stretch of twisties to our camp high above Big Sur
Day 3: Approx 60-100 miles
-depending on group speed we’ll either take the PCH route back to Cambria or we’ll cross the mountains and take the desert route back to the staging point
-estimated arrival back at our Los Angeles HQ 9pm – 10pm
*Plan outbound travel for the following morning
- Rental of 2019 Can-Am Ryker Rally Edition 900cc
- Download link to professional photos and videos shot on your trip
- Wilderness beanie
- Camp Mug
- Swag toiletry kit
- Riding gloves
- Boots and armor
- Toilet paper
- Wet Wipes
- All food and alcoholic beverages
- All transportation from pickup points and back
- All camp gear, tents, chairs, etc.
- Small backpacking size sleeping bag rated to 0-15°F. (Do not bring a giant Coleman kids sleepover style sleeping bag, you will be mocked and cold if you do.)
- Ground Pad (inflatable)
- 1 pairs of durable pants
- 3-4 moisture wicking t-shirts
- 3-4 pairs of comfortable mid-calf socks with a warm pair as well
- Lightweight down or synthetic jacket to layer under your shell jacket in the evenings or chilly mornings
- Waterproof lightweight shell jacket
- Lightweight, thin, and comfortable footwear for camp.
- First layer style mid to heavyweight thermal underwear top and bottom (can get chilly at night)
- Lightweight gloves for around camp at night and in the morning if it’s an early Spring or late Fall departure
- Minimal personal toiletries
- Drivers license
- Small Camel Back style hydration pack
- Seamless buff/neck-gaiter/whatever-you-want-to-call it so you can keep the dust out and the sun off your neck
- Eye drops if you are sensitive to dust
What are the age requirements?
-Riders must a drivers license valid in their state
Where do we sleep?
We will be camping out each night in supplied one-person tents. Two-person tents are available upon request.
Can I bring a C-PAP machine?
Yes, if you have a portable C-PAP machine we can charge it nightly with the inverter on the chase truck.
Where can I keep my luggage during my trip?
If you have any luggage, there will be secure storage available.
What additional bags can I bring?
All belongings you bring will need to fit in the backpack/bag we provide or suggest specific to the trip. Any additional bags will be stored securely. On our Moto/UTV trips, the chase truck will carry your sleeping bag and ground pad. Everything else will be in your pack.